1. What is Remy hair?
Remy hair is hair that has all the cuticles running in the same direction. Remy hair differs from Virgin hair mainly in that it has been CHEMICALLY processed for colour or texture, but the cuticle still remains intact so the hair will not tangle.
2. What is Virgin hair?
Virgin hair is hair that has never been processed or treated with ANY kind of chemicals. The hair is in its natural state with its cuticles running in the same direction and intact. You can bleach, dye and process Virgin hair just as you would your own.
The harvesting process for virgin hair is more time consuming and meticulous, which adds to the premium value of virgin hair. Virgin hair can come from any person and any country, but some of the most popular ones include, Indian virgin hair, Malaysian virgin hair, and other European and Asian countries.
3. What is the difference in the weave types?
We have Indian, Peruvian, Brazilian, and Malaysian:
• Indian Hair:
It is the most versatile and readily available hair on the market. The density of this hair type is very fine. It is naturally airy, bouncy and light and it can easily be curled and styled. It moves effortlessly with minimal products and it blends with most hair textures. The Indian hair texture can be found ranging from silky to lightly coarse.
• Brazilian Hair:
• This hair type is the most sought after texture on the market right now. Because of its softness, thickness, density and durability it is used diversely. This hair texture is easiest to blend with ethnicities from Caucasian to African relaxed textures. This hair is extremely luxurious and very soft with a lot of body and natural shine. Because of its density you may not have to use many bundles as you would with other hair types to have a full look. It is less likely to frizz than other hair types because of its density. Brazilian hair also hold curls longer than the other hair types and it is extremely versatile.
• Peruvian Hair is the ultimate multi-purpose hair! It is extremely soft and ultimately feather light. You can have up to five bundles of a Peruvian hair installed yet still maintain a feathery light, maintainable style. This hair is coarser in texture than Indian or Brazilian hair. It blends very well with African relaxed hair textures and medium Caucasian hair textures. This hair is luxurious!
• This hair is a highly sought after texture and a very popular among celebrities. It has an extremely luxurious feel and is sleek and shiny, but not very shiny. This hair hold curls extremely well without the use of products. It is generally very dark brown; close to black with some bundles may having lighter ends. This hair blends very well with most hair types including African hair texture. It does not swell or frizz in humid conditions making it low maintenance.
HAIR CARE TIPS
How to care for deep wave weaves
Wash and condition the hair regularly.
Add mild shampoo to lukewarm water and wash hair till clean
Run your fingers gently on the hair from top to end. Do not brush.
Then dry the hair.
Apply hair cream or serum and then put a steamed towel on the head for 15 minutes to organise the
How to care for curly hair
Shampoo in the shower this helps keep the curls pointing downward, instead of flipping your head
upside down simply let the water run down the length of your hairs as you stand straight under the
shower. It will help avoiding the curls to frizz.
After shampooing the hair condition it.
Then apply products whilst the hair is still wet. You can use a wide comb or your fingers to comb the
hair whilst still wet.
Divide the hair in sections to ensure full coverage of the product on the hair as you apply and comb
Do not scrunch it as it will only cause it to become frizzy.
Use good products on your hair.
After applying product to the hair whilst still wet and worked through , leave the hair alone to dry.
Let hair air dry whenever possible.
Avoid using oils. For well-defined curls products that are not oil based will give a better result. When
you do not want to wear your hair in ringlet using oil is fine and it won't disrupt your style, but gel
like products give good hold.
You can moisturize it with cream. Just ensure the cream you use is a high quality. No low graded
products are good for hair.
General hair tips on how to maintain the hairShampoo and Condition at least once a week
Apply conditioner after shampooing .Apply when the weave is still wet and wait for 2-3
minutes then rinse.
Apply oils and serums on the weave. Do not neglect the weave. Apply good hair products
that is ( hair oils, serums , moisturisers , gels ) on the hair once a week.
When sleeping braid or cover your hair so the hair doesn't get matted or scrunched.
Remove the weave after six to eight weeks to avoid the weave to look old and ragged.
4. What is a front lace wig?
These wigs are very comfortable. They do not envelope as much of the wearer's head. Covering only the front of the head and running from ear to ear. Front lace wigs are designed with a very light lace base that is attached in the front beyond the hairline of the wig. And the hair is hand tied to the wig and appears to grow from the scalp. The lace is made in a close complexion of the wearer. The remaining part of the wig is in the usual netted wig cap.
5. What is a full lace wig?
Full lace wigs are made in such a way that they give a perfect and comfortable fitting to any head size. They are made to appear as your own hair when worn. Made of high quality AAA Remy hair which is carefully hand tied onto a lace to give appearance of hair growing from the scalp. The lace covers the whole head even at the back when worn and because of this you can easily style the wig in any hairstyle you want, that is braiding, styling the wig into up-dos etc. These wigs are also light, breathable and can be parted in anywhere within the lace whole head even at the back when worn and because of this you can easily style the wig in any hairstyle you want, that is braiding, styling the wig into up-dos etc. They are also light, breathable and can be parted in anywhere within the lace to suit your style. Choice of wearing wigs is up to you. You can have it glued or you can wear it as a cap.
6. What is a closure?
Closures help you to achieve a more natural full head weave look. The piece is placed on your crown area to blend right with your hair extensions. Closures are light in weight and are made from Remy /Virgin best grade hair, which definitely help bring out a full look. It is made with a durable lace base that enhances the finished look of the weave. It can be free styled that is it can be parted in different directions. The single handed in hair on the lace has double knots that give it durability so that the closure can be used several times. Closures are easy to maintain and to style. We have two different types of closures:
• Frontal closures - these are incorporated with weft to close a sew in across the front hairline.
• Top closures -these are placed on the crown area to blend right with your hair.
7. What is Micro bonding?
Micro bonding is a strand by strand method of installing hair extensions. Types of micro bonding extension methods have become very popular due to their light weight and their
seamless natural look. There are several ways (each going with different names) of installing micro bonds. Micro bonding hair extensions are ideal for adding natural looking extra volume, body and length to your natural hair. Because Micro bonding hair extension consists of loose hair, your hair dresser will be able to pay particular attention to those area of your head that may need more, or less hair, resulting in a truly natural appearance. Micro bonding is suitable for all hair types, but should not be used on hair that has been peroxide treated, or within 4 to 6 weeks of having your hair permed.
How is it good for your hair?
Because with Micro bonding small bunches of hair are tied to your own hair with a small tool. This actually makes your hair grow longer. And now that we are in winter it also prevents your hair from breaking and also hair fall. This is because it traps moisture.
Micro bonding is also economical because you can have it for as long as 3-4 months depending on how you maintain your hair. You can style the hair, curl and colour it just as it were your own.